HostGator has become one of the largest WordPress hosting providers since 2002. At this moment it is now leads the hosting provider world serving for millions of customers. This review will make you have better understanding about HostGator company.
With a series of products, such as domains, shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated servers, the company is a world leading hosting provider. It has handled 1000 employees serving for more than 5 million domains and websites after more than 10 years developing.
It designs a simple WordPress hosting plan for small businesses and individuals. The solid facilities and leading technologies are core factors contributing to its excellent performance and reliability.
- 100% Compatibility. HostGator is 100% well-suited with WordPress. Offering unlimited features and variety of plans, it is able to meet WordPress requirements. Most of the latest technologies as Apache, MySQL 5, PHP 5, and the latest WordPress version are supported by HostGator . Beside running PHP as suPHP, it also enhances security of WordPress and ensures the hosting sites be safe and stable.
- Free domain & Rich Features. HostGator supplies 1 free domain name registration or transfer for all plans. In addition, it offers 3 level plans with different features for customers to choose the best plan suited with their actual requirements and budgets.
- 1-click WordPress Installation & Update. Customers can setup their sites in few clicks and started easily with the exclusive QuickInstall which is a automatic WordPress installation.
- Flexible and easy to update.There are 3 level plans called Hatchling, Baby and Business that it can satisfy people having different requirements. Thanks to these flexible plans, you can choose the one that is best suited with your present requirements and budget. You can update to a higher level plans after that at when your sites grows up.
- A bit expensive renew price.The basic Hatchling plan is starting at $4.16/mo, 30% off the regular price for $5.95/mo. It is just available to new customers first billing cycle, if they want to renew cycle, the price will be $8.96/mo. It is a bit expensive for some customers, so customers should go with the 2 years plan for $4.16/mo. Additionally, to get 10% renewal discount.customers can chat with the representatives.
- No dedicated data centers.Unlike other providers who have their own exclusive dedicated data centers, HostGator cooperate with a third party SoftLayer to have data center. However, as SoftLayer provides world-class data centers with state of the art security, safety, power, and cooling systems, HostGator have is fully able to make sure that service remains uninterrupted.
Price & Features
Regularly, HostGator WordPress hosting price is starting at $5.95/month, and on weekends or holidays, it often provides 20% discount. However, for customers using the exclusive coupon code HCC30OFF, it offers up to 30% discount.
It is not only affordable on price but also rich-featured, coming with free domain name, unlimited storage, unlimited data transfer, unlimited MySQL database, and more. Moreover, it also supports many cut-edge technologies as PHP 5, CGI, Fast CGI, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, SSH, SSI, Cron, etc.
Especially it also includes a FREE domain name ($12/year value), a FREE site builder w/ 1000+ themes and $100 FREE Google AdWords credits.
HostGator has cooperated with SoftLayer which is known as the world largest clouding services provider. Therefore, HostGator has world-class datacenters feature state of the art security, power, safety, and cooling systems – all designed to make sure there is no interruption in service. By leveraging the world-class facilities, its server response time is 338ms on average. Besides it performs approximately 100% uptime as it guarantee 99.9% uptime.
Hopefully, with the overview of HostGator, you can realise it is a reliable and cost effective choice. We would like to recommend HostGator for small to medium sized business.